Friday, June 10, 2011

Make a List



I’m a list maker. I started making lists when I was in my teens and have kept up the habit ever since. It’s an organizational skill. When I have a million things to do, I know I’ll forget half of them if I don’t write them down. I may never finish a list, but that’s beside the point.

Make a List

I have a list of goals. It’s changing all the time but it keeps me heading in the right direction. I like to Set Goals and I love reaching them, but sometimes the goal ceases to be important or I’ve found something new to strive for. I’ve never failed to meet a goal. The key is to change the goal before failure becomes an option.

Does that sound like a cop-out?

It’s not.

Goals give us a direction, something to strive for. One of my goals is to lose weight. I’ve been working toward that goal for twenty years now. The only thing that changes is the amount of weight I want to lose and the target date. I may never lose the weight, but if I give up trying, I’m bound to gain fifty pounds.

I’ve been writing fiction for several years now and have worked online for three. I love to write and several writing projects are on my current list, but its building coloring pages that has caught my interest and my imagination.

My lists for the summer are complete. I still want to write book reviews and articles, but a dozen Squidoo Coloring Pages holds center court. They’re fun and goals that are fun are a lot easier to reach.

I’ve built three coloring pages so far. I don’t know how many I’ll have when it is all said and done, but my GOAL for the summer is to build one a week.

So far so good….

Pretty Flowers to Color
Ducks, Geese, and Swans Coloring Pages
Songbird Coloring Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment