Thursday, June 16, 2011

Coloring Pages



I love the summer. I rarely have the time to do whatever I want. After a hectic school year, it’s nice. I want relax and read, crochet, and draw. I’ve done more drawing in the last couple of weeks than I’ve done in the last few years. They are simple drawings, perfect for the coloring pages lenses I’ve been building. I’ve built four so far and have enough drawings for a fifth.

My first coloring pages lens was Pretty Flowers to Color. It took a long time to stir up the courage to build and post it. I have more confidence in my writing skills than I do in my drawing skills. My seconds lens was Songbird Coloring Pages. I had a lot of trouble with it. It’s hard to keep the drawings simple enough for a coloring page and still identify the bird. I didn’t want to draw a bunch of generic birds. There are enough of those online already. I added a Tufted Titmouse yesterday. I need to add more birds but I’ll never be truly happy that lens.

My third coloring lens is titled Ducks, Swans, and Geese Coloring Pages. I want to add more to it, but I’m a lot happier with it than the songbird lens.

Thus far my favorite coloring pages is Critters in the Garden. That one will be easy to add to over time.

Once I finish posting this I’ll be heading over to Squidoo to build another coloring lens. This one should be interesting. I’m titling it Explore the Swamp. It should be fun.

Have a good day,

LizzyJean

No comments:

Post a Comment