Sunday, March 18, 2012

Welcome Sign and Bluebirds

Spring is right around the corner (here in South Carolina it has already arrived.) And right on the heels of the warmer weather are the birds. If you left your Birdhouses out all winter you need to make sure they are ready for occupancy. Some birds will take an old nest and reinforce it, but like people, most birds don’t want to move into a mess. When I look for a new home, it doesn’t have to be new but it better be clean.

I cleaned out my Bluebird Boxes last fall, but I’m keeping a close eye on them. The sparrows are back in town and they’ll move in in a heartbeat. Until the Bluebirds arrive I’ll be evicting the squatters.

I refuse to rent my houses out to Sparrows.

The Bluebirds will be arriving in a couple of weeks. Once they do I’ll be flipping the Vacancy
sign over.

They are awesome tenants. (Now if I could get them to pay the rent…)

No comments:

Post a Comment